Log Cabin Cushion

Log Cabin Cushion
Kaffe Fassett Fabrics - Awesome!

Sunday 15 May 2011

How I'm getting on with a broken leg

 It has been so long since I posted my last comment. I was in Canada then. Now I am home and trying to get my life back on track. I was stuck with hand stitching for a while and thanks to Debbie Wotton from the gallery I have learnt to foundation piece little log cabins and make them into cards. I have returned to teaching my patchwork class and have been torturing them with Drunkard's Path. I made two contrasting cushions just to practice.


The block for the sampler quilt in the class is much smaller than the patches I have done for these cushions so I was a bit of a cheat making the curves bigger. 


It's nearly time for Derbyshire Open Arts Weekend but I am not exhibiting this year. Sam's baby is due that weekend. I might just get to see it before we go to Provence. We're going to Roussillon so I will be in the footsteps of Kaffe Fassett.


I did get on with some Japanese embroidered balls but they are not refined yet so no photos. I am packing up all the makings so that I can sit on the campsite and sew. Charlie will be going out on his bike everyday. I will be hobbling to the nearest cafe!!!!!