Log Cabin Cushion

Log Cabin Cushion
Kaffe Fassett Fabrics - Awesome!

Monday 23 January 2012

January 2012

It is so long since I last posted. I have worked so hard to get myself back on my feet. My leg is still not right. I have spent 6 months in physio and sports therapy trying to get this leg straight and it's not quite there yet. I am determined to ski this year though.
However I am back on my sewing machine and have registered for Derbyshire Open Arts this year. This is the first weekend in June and there is an extra day for the Queen's Jubilee. I have joined with some friends to create the Textile House ( see us on Facebook) I am now madly sewing and creating quilts and cushions. 
This is a photo of the beginnings of my first quilt this year. It's called Mango Marguerita after the Bali Pops pack of pre cut batik strips. My friend Joy thinks I should produce a whole range of quilts named after my favourite cocktails. Now there's an idea. I wonder if I could produce a Brandy Alexander?