Log Cabin Cushion

Log Cabin Cushion
Kaffe Fassett Fabrics - Awesome!

Monday 21 March 2011

How I love cushions

When I made my Japanese quilt before Christmas I had some of the block centres left so ... here I am again making cushions. I really love the detailed japanese prints. They might take over from my love of batiks!
I am going to be very frustrated with my quilt making for a while because the most feared has happened. I have broken my leg while on holiday. I wasn't even skiing. I just fell on a patch of ice in the street.
I brought my latest quilt to Canada and gave it to Sharon, our wonderful ski instructor. I think she liked it. If you are ever in Banff, Alberta and you are skiing at Sunshine, have a lesson with Sharon Fox. She is the most amazing instructor and we love her to bits. She is the reason I will be back to ski next year. I was going to give up and look after the grandchildren while Sam and J skied instead but they might have to give me a few days on the slopes.
So - when I finally get home I will be concentrating on some hand stitching. I fancy having a go at Temari Embroidered Balls. See! Japanese again. And I will be continuing to knit socks. Oh how I love those socks.