Log Cabin Cushion

Log Cabin Cushion
Kaffe Fassett Fabrics - Awesome!

Saturday 11 September 2010

Lazy Crazy Quilt


This is the new quilt that I have made for the Hayfield Sheep Dog Trials craft sale. Once again it is made of Batik fabrics. I have to admit that these are mostly the fabrics that I had left from my last two projects.
Creating these crazy log cabin blocks has been such fun. As you can see from my other pictures I started with some cushion fronts and enjoyed those so much I made enough for a 2 x 3 block quilt. The blocks measured about 16" square so the quilt will fit a single bed. I have used the saw-tooth design for the sashing and the border and the quilting is a zig-zag pattern sewn off the lines of the seams to fit the crazy theme of the quilt.
I want to get on with another quilt now but with the craft sale coming up I really must spend a week making small items.