Log Cabin Cushion

Log Cabin Cushion
Kaffe Fassett Fabrics - Awesome!

Thursday 24 February 2011

Sharon's Frosted Window


Here is the new quilt. I am very pleased with the finished result. I have used my new machine to construct it. The vermicelli quilting on the border was done with the stitch regulator on the new Bernina and it has come out brilliantly. The finish is so professional because the stitches are all the same. This is a present and I hope Sh!!!!!! will enjoy it. It doesn't weigh much so it won't take up a lot of luggage allowance on the flight to Canada.
The back is a beautiful batik fabric I got from Lady Sew and Sew. It's all swirls and dots.
I am going to wash the quilt now as that first wash makes quilts looked used and wrinkled. Such a lovely effect. I am actually looking forward to my first ski lesson now. Isn't that a funny thing. Quilts and skiing. More about this when I return from holiday!